Originally Posted by BradH
Originally Posted by AndyF
What is the problem you are trying to solve? Do you need a locking dipstick to pass tech?

No tech requirement, but I'd like to use something more secure (o-ring seal in handle) than stock.

The Milodon looks perfect on paper (or still in the package), but the examples I've seen of how people have routed it for a BB w/ headers don't show what I was hoping. Someone else mentioned to me not using one because of how close it was to the headers, and I have the same concern. I don't like the idea of routing it forwards towards the fan, either. Funny(?) how it seems to be a really good choice for a Gen II Hemi, though.

Guess I'll keep looking for options. scope

Another option, Sorry I don't have a pic with the headers on (can get one if needed)...may not work for you, but did for me. You could use a truck type 90* fitting in the oil pan,... locate the fitting wherever for or aft in the pan that would help dodge your header issue. Run a short steel flared tubing then a union to the Milodon.

The reason I went this route was the motor I have was already built and not drilled for a dipstick. I could've built a jig to drill it, but I have a lot going on in that area anyway with the main oil lines, pre-oiler lines, and a remote water drain hose. My dipstick can just hug the block behind all that. Chose not to come out between 1 and 3 primaries because it makes it so much easier to swing the wrench for the header bolts without the stick, and don't have to remove the stick to remove the headers.

Figured the union might leak a little being the Milodon's lower tubing was a tad smaller than the steel tubing but not a drop yet,...but I only have 48 miles on it so far.

IMG_3551.JPG