Originally Posted by AndyF
If you have to ask how to do it then it probably isn't a good project for you to take on. That is a swap that most experts won't tackle unless it is a drag race car only.

???? really? i pulled the swap off in my 64 valiant using a 440 in my early 20's.. all the old timers said it wouldn't fit. i learned on the fly... it was a pure street car that i took to the track once in a while...

have to roll the lip where the firewall meets the floor pan in order to fit a 727 ... had a friend help with custom motor mounts (couldn't buy them back then) and custom headers made for it. other then that it was an easy swap. actually thought the 440 was easier to work in in that car then the 360 was...

your biggest problem will be exhaust.. no one makes headers for them. custom headers or certain manifolds milled on an angle will fit...

ofcourse if you are making it a street car you'll want to convert to disc brakes and run larger torsion bars.. at the time (early to mid 90's) there weren't a ton of choices like there are today. i went with a 383 bar figuring it was light enough to transfer weight at the track and hevy enough to make it stable on the street.. they worked well.. today i'd want a better handling car and sacrifice the track performance some and run 1 + inch bars.

www.forabodiesonly.com is a good source for info...

not hooked up in these pics but i even ran the stock heater..

64valiant025.jpg64valiant024.jpg64valiant023.jpg64valiant016.jpg
Last edited by abodyjoe; 04/11/19 12:23 PM.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com