Maybe I am asking this wrong. To quote the manual...”with rear carburetor at wide open throttle, adjust the length of the connector rod so that the front carburetor is also at wide open throttle.” Also concerning idle speed and mixture...”accurate carburetor synchronization or balance is extremely important...”.

So...I have the carbs well balanced using the Unisys tool (Dvorak’s), and throttle linkage set up correctly. I am not running an active choke (Carolina, don’t need).

So how does any of this translate in to rear is “primary”, other than that it is where the linkage connects? How is that defined?

Again, the car runs pretty well, is very streetable, and has been since it was built in 2011, particularly given the rumble it has with the Mopar .524 lift/292 duration cam and the car being an automatic.

I worry that I am missing something. When I had six packs, there were tons of little tricks around setting them up to run well, many well documented here (if I remember the archives have something like a 16 or 64 step plan to running them!). I am not seeing the same for Hemi’s?

'69 Hemi Charger 500, ‘70 U code Challenger R/T
(These and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

P.J. O'Rouke: "The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."