Yep, I've switched all of my stuff over to hyd roller, even the Duster race car project has a hyd roller in it. My reasoning is that with a 4.25 stroke crank the peak power is going to be in the 6's somewhere so why not run a hyd roller? I've never had any noise issues with any of my own engines but we have seen issues at the engine shop with various engines. Noise is subjective so I'm not sure exactly what other people find objectionable but on my engines the lifters seem quiet to me. There might be a slight ticking noise at idle but between the fan noise and the exhaust noise it isn't really noticeable. The engines that we've had issues with on the dyno typically have a clattering noise and many times they won't RPM very well.

I do think there is a "zone" that the engine builder needs to hit when building a hyd roller engine. That zone includes the correct spring pressure, oil weight, oil pressure, lobe design, rocker arm and pushrod stiffness. I do not know how big or small the zone is but I know that if you get some of the stuff wrong the engine just won't RPM very well. On the flip side, the Chevy guys have hyd rollers pretty well figured out. I've seen some LS stuff up around 8000 rpm with hyd rollers. So it can be done but it takes very careful selection of parts.