First, the basics. A good friend asked me to build him a RB stroker for his 69 Charger/4spd/8-3/4-3.23. He is looking for a torque monster, low maintainence, drive it on the street and occasional road trip, no drag strip use combo. The engine will be a 505 ci, 440Source based rotating assembly with TF240 heads. I called Dwayne Porter, as always, for some advice on a cam for it, my intention being to use a retrofit hydraulic roller. My reasoning was that it would make good power with low maintainence and eliminate the need to use oils with high zdpp levels. I, personally, have no experience with hydraulic rollers, I have run solid lift FT and Rollers for 30 years with zero issues. When talking to Dwayne, he advised me to do my research, as in his experience, it was about 50/50 on owner happiness on the retrofits with the problem being excessive lifter noise. Taking his advice, I started checking on the internet and YelloBullet,etc. and found out that it is a very common problem with retrofit cams for non roller engineered blocks. I talked to a friend who has run them in his BB Chevy and said that it is a common problem with them, that it varies greatly between lifter manufacturers, some excessively noisy at idle, some louder at higher RPM's. Some were mainly loud until the engine warmed up, some never quieted. I want to build my buddy a non finikey trouble free engine. Tell me your experience with these cams for this use and help me advise him whether to chance it, or go with a solid FT.