Quote:

I have that XR298 sitting out on the shelf if you're interested. It has a little dyno time on it but should be ready to slide in and go. Mine was ground on 108 centers and I think we ran it installed on 106.

I ran it with 1.60 rocker arms and it made great power in my 505 and had a healthy lope at idle. Might be a tad bit more radical sounding in a 451 but that will depend on your exhaust system. That cam was making right around 680 hp in my 505 with the MP 452 heads. With my EZ heads that cam would've gone about 750 hp in my 505.

Darn, your a few hours late, I probably would of offered ya something for it. Well, i already called comp cams and they are grinding one for me. The tech guy recommended i have mine ground on a 110 center and install it at 106. He said the 110 center will give me a little better idle quality. And I'd like to build a 500 cube stroker in the future, so I could probably use this too for it.

Like I said, this is not a daily driver, and it should be way nicer on the street than my cm-1 cam. For exhaust I run 2 inch hedman headers with 3 1/2 of the headers to super 44 flowmasters, with 3 inch tailpipes, it should sound wicked. I referenced your motor when i spoke to them and they remebered the cam. Thanks for all your input