I use to live near El Mirage dry lake, I was thinking of running my 1970 T/A out there and went to watch and see if I could learn somethings(speed tricks devil) while watching. One of the old timer who had been in the SCTA and BNI 200 MPH club made a statement that registered pretty deeply with me back then and it was most people can bring a car out here and run 125.0 MPH, some can run 150 MPH but to get that same 150 MPH car to run 175 MPH takes twice as much HP or you need to reduce the aerodynamic drag by 3 to 5 % work
I'm not sure how accurate that statement is as I never ran any of my cars there due to rules and lack of desire as there is no money awarded to set a record and it costs you time and money to join a club and race out there shruggy
I owned and flew a 1960 Piper Comanche that would pick up around 13 KPH by sliding the pilots seat back 4 or 5 inches to change the center of gravity which required retrimming the rear stabillator (a flying elevator) to get it to fly straight and level. That airplane would go from 148 KPH to 162 KPH by using the trim and reducing the RPM on the prop from 2400 RPM down to 2300 RPM shruggy
My current S/P 1970 Cuda bracket racer runs 147.6 MPH in the 1/4 mile, 115.+ MPH in the 1/8 mile with 4.56 gears and 32.0 (103.0 inch circumference) inch tall drag slicks on the back shruggy My message is that car only gains 22 MPH in the last 1/8 mile work shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 03/16/19 02:56 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)