After decades of searching for a compliant riding suspension that hooks up hard on the street and track, I ended up running a pair of passenger side 3200lbs SS Springs on both my 3700lbs A-Body & E-Body. Both cars transfer weight to the rear very effectively as the slapper bars simultaneously plant the tires harder than anything else I've tried.

I've heard all the stories and heard this set-up should never work on a Mopar, but it does. Even Robert Tarozzi, the guy who developed the SS Spring specs was impressed with how well the car hooked up.

The cars were spring wrapping the front spring segments with these lighter springs, so I modified some Lakewood slapper bars so they would fit properly on my Mopars. The results are nothing more than amazing.

The cars ride, handle and hook up harder than any other suspension set-up I've tried, including the Caltracs with split mono leafs, which were great on a smooth track, but gave WAY to harsh a ride on the open road. I do use high quality shocks on both cars.

slapper bar 3.jpegslapper bar 5.jpegIMG_0985 (Large).JPG

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)