Thanks guys for the kind words. This has been one of those love hate projects that was a good idea back in 2014 and probably not such a good idea now. I had this engine in my Daytona when I wrecked it in 2010 so it has been sitting there for way to long. Some bad health issues in 2016 really set me back and when you are laid up you get some crazy ideas. I first redid the engine as a NA combo to at least get the car out. Then I thought well maybe a small hit of nitrous so I called Vic at Wiseco to see how much nitrous those pistons would handle (not much) and I scratched that idea so the engine came apart again. I had bought a nitrous convertor off of Jason Digby and a set of nitrous pistons and when I went to put it together I needed a 7.150 rod. Jason at that exact moment was switching to turbos so he had a set with very few hit available so I grabbed them. During all this delay my Son Matt kinda lost interest in working in the shop so honestly at that point I should have sold the car, and may still do so but at this point I'm almost to close to give up. I built a nice 1.69 low gear-set powerglide for it, and Its been so long ago I bought either a 3.70 or 3.89 rear gear (9 inch) that I have to set up yet. Chassis cert is due so I will probably go ahead and get a 6.50 cert for the car just in case I do sell it. I spoiled myself with my black bracket car small block by making it so racer Friendly. It is such a fun easy car to race as I can make 9.40 quarter mile passes (6.0 in the 1/8) and never take the trunk or hood off or even charge the battery. I guess sometimes in life we Have an itch we gotta scratch. This was mine as I wanted to see if I could build a competitive heads up type engine. If you get an itch try to scratch it BEFORE you start getting old. LOL. I have to kinda drop this project for awhile so I can finish a 360 engine for my bracket car so I can start the season with it while I freshen my 422 small block.

[Linked Image]Untitled by John Cadamore, on Flickr

[Linked Image]Untitled by John Cadamore, on Flickr

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time