The door latch is kind of tucked back inside the door, and is pretty well hidden by the window track, but it appears as though there is a hole in the latch housing at about the proper location for the lock square to go through, the presence of the hole in the housing does not mean there is anything inside of the hole to make the latch lock. The door lock sits in a tube that is welded to the door frame. The lock is held in place in the tube by a set screw accessed through a hole in the side of the door frame. My door has a hole in the door frame in about the correct location for the set screw. I can not see if the lock mounting tube is welded inside the door on the driver door on my truck, because I have all the glass and window tracks in place. Its possible Dodge installed the lock holding tube inside the door frame and installed the lever inside of the latch on all the trucks, but that sounds like a lot of work and expence on the part of Dodge, for something that wasn't intended to be used. My friend has a 47 cab at his place that doesn't have any glass or window tracks in it. I think I will be over there tomorrow, if I remember I will look at his driver door latch and see what I can find.

What we don't know is weather or not either of the two cabs that are available for inspection have their original doors on them, or for that matter are the actual year of production the paper work says they are. Should both cabs happen to have their original drivers doors, we still don't know if the provision for the door locks may have been added during the later years of production, or if the provision was always present. The two cabs supposedly represent both ends of the production time line. There isn't much info available for these trucks. Gene