Moparx, I never gave any thought to connecting to the inside handle, I will have to look into that. Space is at a premium where the inside latch is bolted to the door frame, but I might be able to connect an electric actuator somehow.

I did get a chance to look at my buddies drivers door this afternoon, there are holes in the door frame that would provide access for the door lock cylinder to fit into the tube, but there is no tube present on his door frame. There is very little access to the latch area, the door frame is completely enclosed in that area, the nearest opening is nearly 10" away. One would have to cut the inside door frame away to gain access to drill the outer skin for a lock hole. The good news would be that at least by cutting an access hole, a guy could weld in the lock cylinder holding tube before he welded the hole back up. The bad news is, this access hole would be outside of the area covered by any door panel. I'm not cutting my door to install a lock tube on the driver door.

The options are getting fewer. Gene