The windage tray by itself is NOT good enough when you're concerned about g-force oil control from cornering, acceleration and deceleration.

I've run a baffled pan for my SB like pictured from Bigblockmopar (above)... this was the single best engine mod I've ever done for the car for autocrossing (pylon and hi-speed)... too bad MaMopar didn't make the pans like this in the first place. Without the oil control provided from the welded in baffles, the oil pressure always would drop low.. and the lifters would click.... no doubt bearings would eventually wipe out and self-destruct. WITH the baffled pan, all of that went away... ran the car seriously in national SCCA Solo competition since the late 1970s... BEST modification ever!

Now, I'm building another SB engine and will install the Milodon road race pan.

I also have a 3-quart Accusump setup ... never yet installed it, maybe not (all still new).. as it adds weight. BUT, some serious road racers I know highly recommend that extra setup for additional insurance, and with a red illuminating light that turns on when it becomes activated, they say it does its job under serious g-force loads (and being a pre-oiler for start-ups after long periods of sitting time).

For Big Blocks, I think the least type of oil pan would be the 440-six-pack/Hemi pan that has the front/rear weld factory baffles (if I'm correct about that factory design). At least with those baffles, they will help from oil starvation during acceleration and deceleration, and probably some for cornering.

Best bet today.... highly consider something like the Milodon road race pans.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!