Originally Posted By 65_Satellite
Back in the early 70's I raced a 69 Barracuda with a 440 and a tunnel ram with 2 Holley 750 double pumpers. I still have the tunnel ram and at 75 years old I am trying to help my grandsons get going with their drag racing. My question is are the Holley double pumpers the way to go or is there a better choice out there with all the new technology in the last 40 years. This setup will go an a 440 .030 over with 915 heads 214 and 181 valves, Sig Erson 320 HLM solid lifter cam 250 @.050 108 LCA .570 lift, these are what I have left from my racing days. Your input would be much appreciated as I have been out of the loop for a very long time and would like my grandsons to have a positive experience, thankyou.

While the 750's might be a little big for that, you have about the best carbs (if they're the ones from the 70's era) from a starting calibration standpoint as anything out of the box you could buy today. For the tunnel ram, you would probably need to lean the idle circuit a little and if you get into tuning with O2 sensors, maybe a little hsb tuning.

Plenty of initial ignition timing cures a lot of what you might think are carb problems too.

I would (and did) probably go to a little more duration on the cam with those heads. fast68plymouth could give you a little guidance there.

Last edited by Harry's Taxi 2; 02/05/19 07:51 PM.

'86 Maple Grove KOS Mopar low qualifier......true street legal with no power adders.

NOS-used when losing since 1940.