I want to revisit this because I recently had a little experience with Summit house brand fittings vs Fragola on some #12 line I was putting together, and can give somewhat of a review.

The Summit house brand fittings went together easier than any I have ever seen. They have...I won't call it threaded, but more of a spiral in the area the hose is put into that allows you to very easily twist the hose in place.

Like Aeroquip, Fragola does not have this spiral inside, and the hose has to be very forcibly pushed into place before the end is assembled/it fits very tightly.

During assembly, the Fragola puts up much more of a fight and noticeably crushes the hose similar to the Aeroquip products I have used in the past. The Summit brand does not noticeably crush the hose very much at all, and it goes together very easily. Summit brand does pass a pull test.

In the end, I believed the Fragola to be slightly more trustworthy due to the manner it crushed the hose...and ended up returning the Summit house brand.

The "spiral" inside the summit brand hose ends did seem like a good idea, and did speed up assembly a little. The anodizing was just as good.

I don't make 800 hoses a day or anything, if you do then you'd probably find my post ridiculous...if you're like me and only do a few here and there, maybe this post will help a little........

Last edited by ZIPPY; 01/30/19 06:15 PM.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri