Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Is it just me, or was the show (or any race for that matter) not a whole lot more interesting before they all got sponsors, huge trailers, brand new trucks, and megadollar cars?

When you offer up 200,000.00 pay-outs you are going to have that. Check out the pits at NHRA events and they pay out way less than that. Heck I shake my head walking through the Jr Dragster pits at my local track. Mommy and Daddy got to be rich.

I was thinking more along the lines of the normal show where they do their list racing. When they were basic back half cars w/ conventional headed motors and more of a "budget" type of build. These tube chassis cars w/ the best of the best hardware really loses my attention quick.

The Memphis show is a lot better IMO, but I agree w/ what was said earlier...if their competition never makes a somewhat clean pass, it gets old real quick.

I know people that have gone to Memphis and raced them. THE ONLY races that make it on TV are the ones Memphis wins. When Memphis loses (which yes they do) it does NOT get aired...LOL. So yea in a way the show IS scripted.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....