He was back working full time at the shop by now, and was finishing up a car that had been there since before mine. It took him a year or so to get that one wrapped up but then he finally started working on my car extensively.
I had thought to myself over the years that I wondered what I had got myself into, but once he really got going with the car, I really wondered what I had got myself into!
The car had been a good "10 footer", I knew the trunk floor was shot because the rear window leaked. But I came to find that rear window was only one of many places that had leaked probably back to the day the car first hit the dealer's lot.
The interior floor was almost "day one" except for an area below the clutch pedal area, because the A pillar leaked and water had seeped in and pooled under the carpet. Leaves had clogged the drain holes in the cowl and because of that the firewall had some rusty areas. Rust under the vinyl top, several holes in the rear wheel housings and more.
Scott was going to send the car out the the media blaster early on, but decided it would be better to do some metal repairs before stripping the car, so it would be structurally sound during the process.
I had bought a trunk floor from AZ, he installed that. The frame was in mint shape except for the rear spring perch area. So he had to replace the last 4 or 5 inches of the rear frame.
Pictures he sent of the progress were pretty depressing at some point, with the amount that had to be cut away.

5107995-340TA008.jpg (307 downloads)