Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
My argument for that is....... numerous times I had customers who wanted an iron block to build a motor with....... and there were none to be had.
The MP iron block availability always seemed to be sporadic at best.

The conversation usually started out something like, “we’ll have to see if any blocks are available”.
More often than not....... they weren’t.

You can’t buy what isn’t available.

You don’t think if there was someone offering a reincarnated Mega-block for $3495, available “today”, that they’d sell?

The block availability is almost comical really.......

Two iron hemi blocks show up at Best Machine, and that’s newsworthy.

I've had several guys who would easily spend 4K for a block and not blink. Hell, I'm one of them. I'm talking as a group. When I would tell a guy with even a lowly 600 HP build he wanted and it's a Chevy or a Ford, 9 times out of 10 it was a sale. You always have one guy who is going to argue that a block was needed for that power level.

But most of the Chrysler guys would squeal like a pig being cut with a butter knife. They just couldn't believe a block was required for what they wanted.

I'm with you now that if someone did come to the market with a reliable, readily available BBM if they would be supported just because of the length of time they've been without. As a small block guy I've been through it myself with blocks.

As Andy pointed out that Bear Blocks came out with the FE (I could not think of the name of the block) why not both the SB and BBM's? Did Bear just go off the rails and build it on a marketing guess or did they do the research and bet they had a market?

Like I said, I stumped and the kickback against the Ritter block. Mostly by guys who've never even seen one, let alone know what it takes to start with a new block and build an engine. Yes, he had issues. But he doesn't have Maskin money, resources or even his experience but it damn sure looks to me like he is now getting blocks out there capable of competing with blocks from other manufacturers making other branded blocks. Who knows, maybe Ritter had plans for a BBM but after the thrashing he took over the SBM why bother.

I think back just recently when the new crew bought out KB and the hate against the new company was thick and hot and nasty. Nobody liked what was happening and everyone thought there was going to be a screwing.

From what I see now, things are going relatively smooth, it seems most if not all of the back orders are filled or close to it, blocks are coming and from what I've seen in pictures, the blocks are leaps and bounds over the old KB stuff.

My point is we are quick to kick anyone about anything we see as an injustice, rather than let the situation bloom and become fully seen.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston