Originally Posted By gzig5
Thanks for the clarification on the Street Demon, AVS, TQ operation. I was struggling to understand how they could be vacuum operated without a diaphragm can. There's a few good nuggets of information here that have been helpful. I'm definitely going to go with a mechanical secondary. I have another Holley that needs a rebuild. It's a List 6711 which was a direct replacement for 71-73 340-440 engines. It's ugly but I think I'm going to dunk it in the ultra-sonic tank, face the body and blocks in the milling machine if they need it, and throw a gasket kit at it. $45 may get me a decent carb that should have good throttle response. It's setup for a divorced choke so I'm going to have to see how I can adapt it to manual operation. That should be fun because Holley said they don't make a kit for it. If this doesn't work out, I'll have a hard look at that Street Demon and Brawler.

Is that the spread bore model? I can't find any info on that carb and I can't find the book. Unless you need the spread bore I think I'd look at something else.

Or...you can use it and test with it. If you have the gumption to work on stuff for fun and learning it may be worth it!

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston