Originally Posted By AndyF
My rule of thumb says that if a person needs to ask the internet which carb they should get then they most likely need a vacuum secondary carb.

Maybe. But that rule seems to be more oriented to the tuning capability of the user, not the capability/performance of the solution. But what I'm trying to get to the bottom of is which is better for the application. If a vacuum carb is unsuited for how I want to use the car, I don't want to have to deal with that. Most of the discussions are oriented towards drag racing and not road course performance. Just looking for input because I don't have unlimited resources or time to try all the potential combos first.

I am aware that mech carbs typically have more adjustments, race versions even more than street, and it takes some knowledge to be able to utilize the capability. Currently the car has a Holley 6708-1 650 DP on it that I rebuilt. THat rebuild got the car moving from a non-running state but it's an old used POS and has issues that a rebuild kit can't correct so it needs to go. I'm just getting back into carburated engines after a 30 year hiatus so I certainly have room to learn, but I'm pretty sure I have the tools and intelligence to do so.

Last edited by gzig5; 12/19/18 03:57 PM.