Originally Posted By 68LAR
Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy
Originally Posted By astjp2
Why not a solid roller, less weight and you can still do pushrod oiling...and the cost is not through the roof. Tim

A solid roller doesn't like to idle,I guess not enough oil to the roller from what I've read. I was on the fence when I built this engine years ago roller or solid. From what I have researched the Hydraulic roller keeps constant pressure on the lobe instead of banging the roller every time the ramp comes with a solid roller.
I could be wrong but this issue has been beat to death on many many forums. I think I may be going back to a flat solid just for the simple fact I have other uses for $1000 and I like the way a flat solid revs with a stick car.
Now I have to pick a grind or have one custom ground shruggy

Gus beer

Gus, I wish I was smart enough to know how to post a picture of my cam card, but I'm not. Here are the specs of my cam. It is a Scott Brown custom grind that has worked and is still working for me after almost 9 years. SFT cam.
LOBE .398/.395
LIFT .597/.593 with 1.5 rockers .633/.626 with 1.6 rockers
DURATION 259/266
C/L 109 INSTALLED AT 105
SPRING PRESSURE 145/350
I use 1.6 stainless rockers
I use Comp Cams spring 928. They have a seat of 135 and open at 375. Double spring with damper. This combo works very well for a street/strip heavy stick car. I also use Rotilla 15w40 oil, with STP.

That is almost my exact combination. Except I'm 105 on a 105 and my springs cam from Doug Herbert and mine don't have the dampener.

What is your seat to seat timing if you don't mind????

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston