Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy
Originally Posted By astjp2
Why not a solid roller, less weight and you can still do pushrod oiling...and the cost is not through the roof. Tim

A solid roller doesn't like to idle,I guess not enough oil to the roller from what I've read. I was on the fence when I built this engine years ago roller or solid. From what I have researched the Hydraulic roller keeps constant pressure on the lobe instead of banging the roller every time the ramp comes with a solid roller.
I could be wrong but this issue has been beat to death on many many forums. I think I may be going back to a flat solid just for the simple fact I have other uses for $1000 and I like the way a flat solid revs with a stick car.
Now I have to pick a grind or have one custom ground shruggy

Gus beer

Gus, I wish I was smart enough to know how to post a picture of my cam card, but I'm not. Here are the specs of my cam. It is a Scott Brown custom grind that has worked and is still working for me after almost 9 years. SFT cam.
LOBE .398/.395
LIFT .597/.593 with 1.5 rockers .633/.626 with 1.6 rockers
DURATION 259/266
C/L 109 INSTALLED AT 105
SPRING PRESSURE 145/350
I use 1.6 stainless rockers
I use Comp Cams spring 928. They have a seat of 135 and open at 375. Double spring with damper. This combo works very well for a street/strip heavy stick car. I also use Rotilla 15w40 oil, with STP.

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight