Originally Posted By Andrewh
so it is mpi, not tbi.
it is a 3 pin halls sensor. not 2.

the 8 shutter wheel is the painless add on, so it isn't just cam position or to know where number 1 is, that actually tells the computuer when to fire.

it was originally set to tell a chevy spark "computer" when to fire, and I got it to work with the megasquirt system without the chevy part.

so it is more important than it was originally.

the computer I use to read the logs is having a battery issue again apparently. it died just as I started logging.
will work on that issue and see if I can get back in there to check later this week.

I have not fooled with any aftermarket EFI systems but I will soon as my son is super charging his Dart and will be using an aftermarket EFI system. On the factory setup I talked about and worked on at the dealer the MPI 5.9's had the crank sensor to tell the PCM when # 1 was at TDC and fire the ign but it used the dist/cam sensor that had the one long shutter to know when # 1 was on the comp stroke so it knew when to fire which injector. That's all it needed since it still used a dist to distribute the spark to the right plug.

Is yours a factory dist with the Painless add on or are you using a different dist ? I think my son has decided on the Holley Sniper system when we add the super charger and EFI to his 400 in his Dart. I think he plans to get their fuel tank and in tank pump setup also. Look like I will finally get to work with an aftermarket EFI after 24 years at the dealer working with factory systems. Good luck with your car , Ron