That should be a 3 wire connector as it should actually be a Hall Effect sensor and not a 2 wire pick-up coil. Course I said that to our parts man when I worked at the dealer and he had no idea what I was talking about. All the parts guys there just called them all pick-up coils as most places do. But you cant ohm a 3 wire Hall Effect sensor like a 2 wire pick-up coil as they are completely different. I saw a few go bad over the years at the dealer as I replaced a few in my 24 years there. On some years of the 5.9 when they were the ported fuel injection some would actually keep running if they lost the dist signal once they were running. You could actually unplug the dist connector when the eng was running and it would keep running. That's because it was only used as a cam sensor in the ported injected 5.2 & 5.9 engines and some years it only looked at the dist/cam signal when starting to know when #1 cyl was on comp. It did not have 8 shutters but it had one long shutter to only tell when #1 was on comp. Once it knew that it did not look at that signal anymore while running as it just kept going through the firing order to stay running now that it knew it. Some would even start without the dist/cam signal but would be very hard to start because if it did not see that signal when cranking it just kept trying different firing orders until it got it right and started. You will know if its a ported injected eng with 8 injectors you can unplug the dist/cam sensor connector with the eng running and see if it keeps running. If it does then that's not going to cause it to cut out while running. But all years were not like that. Course if its throttle body injection that has no crank sensor then it has to have that dist sensor signal as then it should have 8 shutters in the dist. The three wires should be that one is a ground and one is a 5 volt signal wire. The third wire is the power wire that should be either 12 , 9 or 8 volts. They even used 5 volts on the power wire on some year cars but I don't remember any 5.9 engines using just 5 volts on the power wire. Good luck with it. Ron