I live in Arizona and race in Division 7. We have to do a lot of traveling which costs serious money. It costs me about $1000. to run a divisional at Sonoma and Salt Lake City, and $600 to $700 to race at Las Vegas and Fontana. Phoenix is cheap at $350. Go to a National event and it costs $315 for the entry alone. I travel with a Ram pick up, a 24foot enclosed trailer and I stay in cheap motels.

My car(76 Dodge Aspen) runs in the middle of the pack (H/SA) and runs in the 11.3-11.4 range on a 12.15 index. I bought it from a friend who built it. I put a lot of money in it to get it to where it is today. I am getting the engine freshened right now and it will cost in the vicinity of $5000. It should be at least .1 faster. I think another $3000 to $4000 could get me a real fast car for my class, but I am running out of money.

I race with people that have lower class cars and they spend more money than me, and others that have less invested in their operation. I guess it depends on what you can afford.

Raul