I always glue the VC gasket to the VC, and apply a little bit of grease or oil to the opposite side of the gasket to prevent it from sticking to the head.

What to glue it with? I've tried different stuff over the years and it all seems to work even when being an adhesive wasn't necessarily the intended purpose of the product.

-RTV
-Permatex #2
-Permatex "high tack" spray
-Permatex Aviation Form-a-gasket
-old school Indian Head gasket shellac
-Can't remember what else

Myself I like the thin adhesives a little more than the thick sealers since that's more their intended purpose and there is a whole lot less "squish out" (extrusion) to deal with, but they all work.

For the intake, if this is the traditional embossed metal gaskets with cork or foam rubber end seals for the china walls....
My preference...personally I just don't like end seals and always use RTV. I would suggest you do the same.
However If for some reason you prefer to use the end seals...I suggest gluing them down first with something really strong like 3M super trim adhesive and letting it fully set so they can not move. Even with the end seals installed, I would suggest a blob of RTV in each corner where they tend to "sweat" slightly. For the metal intake gaskets, I would use two or three coats of copper coat.

Of course another part of the topic is...I don't think too many manufacturers support Polysphere gaskets anymore. Alot of times in this type of discussion you'd have someone jump in and go, "just spend lots of money and get XYZ brand! They rule, dude!" Well in this case, XYZ brand most likely totally ignores this engine....so you have to work with regular parts store stuff.....which is really a less horrible fate than many would believe laugh

Good luck

Last edited by ZIPPY; 12/07/18 06:19 PM.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri