Originally Posted By Scotts72Rallye
Originally Posted By BradH
I have no idea what you're used to driving. Have you owned or driven a legit high 10 / low 11 sec street car before (one with the ET slips to verify it)?
I've owned my Challenger for 33 years. up Never driven a "legit high 10/ low 11 sec street car". frown Trying to get there, what carb would you recommend BradH?

Sorry, more questions:

1. What's in it now?

2. How fast is it today, or -- as in my own case -- the last time it ran? whistling

3. What's the fastest / quickest muscle car you've ever driven, and was this on the street or the strip?

4. What's going to make you happier, a quick ET slip, or not having to mess with the car on a regular basis?

5. Have you received the cam specs, yet? Any idea if it's a solid or hydraulic, flat-tappet or roller?

6. Done much carb & ignition tuning before?

7. Is fuel mileage any concern at all? How does 8 MPG sound?

8. Are you interested in trading off some amount of performance for better behavior (less "fussy") in normal street driving?

9. How much time have you spent ON (not AT) a drag strip?

10. If you have 11-second MPH, but 13-second ETs because the car doesn't "work" well at the track (spins, instead of hooks up), are you going to leave it as it is, or start to get more $eriou$ about chassis tuning and on-track testing?

11. How far do you expect to drive the car on the street, and is there much highway time in your plans?

12. If/when you go to the track, are you driving the car there, or trailering it?

13. If a 9-sec Subaru WRX cuts your nutz off in a race, can your ego (and/or bank account) handle it? laugh2

14. What does your engine builder say he thinks you should run for a carb? And if you choose to run something different, is that going to p!ss him off?