I run methanol, use Klotz fuel lube, and apparantly am blessed by the fuel gods because i top off the tank, plug the vents, and leave it even over winter that way. I have had to rebuild my fuel system once,a year ago. First time for some of the parts since 1998. The big deal with methanol as i understand it is it will suck moisture out of the air, which allows oxygen to attack what ever it can. So if the fuel is not allowed access to air, and has Klotz in it, I personally have had good fortune. I like methanol for the extra power and tuning window, better than ethanol, MUCH better than gas. I did buy a primer plus system this year. I bought the plus system with a one gallon tank since i fully intend to use th system at all times but the run. If you run water through your heads i believe you can get by with a fairly small cooling system. Just off the top of my head i am thinking you might want to ask about heat buildup between the center two exhaust valves? I understand some motors get water plumbed into the heads below the center ports in circle track apps. It might not be a big deal in a drag motor shruggy
Since i have been kept away from the track A LOT in the last few years, i have some jugs of methanol dated three years old that check ok, no significant water in them. Keep em capped and in a cool place.

Last edited by gregsdart; 11/26/18 01:07 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky