I arrived in Chico Friday afternoon around 1.30 PM, the air quality in Chico was worse than I ever saw in L.A. going back the early 1960s up to when we moved out of CA in 2005, even when SO CA was having fires.
The motor didn't make as much power as I expected but do they ever whistling
We loaded the motor on the dyno and I bought ten gallons of local fuel for testing. We waited for the owner to arrive on Saturday morning before starting the motor and testing.
It did make a lot more torque than HP but that seems to be normal on Wedge motors with less than 10.5 to 1 compression ratio, it made 619.6 Ft Lbs. at 3000 RPM and 443 Ft. Lbs. at 6000 RPM. Peak torque was 643 Ft. Lbs. from 3800 RPM to 4100 RPM so it should put the driver back in the seat pretty well any time he goes to WOT boogie devil
HP was 354 at 3000 RPM and peaked at 552 at 5100 RPM with 506 at 6000 RPM. We did pull it up to 6500 RPM but it was done down lower so we stopped at 6000 RPM after that.
We tested timing and a did a little bit of jetting and tried two different spark plug brands and heat ranges and a two inch reversion spacer as well as a bigger exhaust system. It responded well to all the changes, we found out what it liked and didn't like wrench
I told the owner the finish tune up needs to be done in the car with him driving it the way he likes drives on the pump gas he uses with the exhaust system hooked up with the hood closed in his town. up
It has a oil leak around the back of the motor so I brought it back home to fix it and determine exactly where the stupid leak is, this is the third motor that I've had this problem with runaway
I'll post what I find on the leak once I find out exactly where it is leaking from scope It looks like it is leaking around the rear main seal holder but there is no oil on the back of the crankshaft flange being slung off shock
Dang Murphy anyways whiney grin
If we don't get tested now and then we will never get any better, will we work
I think the combination of the low compression ratio with aluminum heads and the little camshaft along with the small 3.0 inch collector on the headers I used made the motor do what it did shruggy
All my new motors from now on will have bigger set of headers and bigger camshafts to make more power on the dyno and in the cars up
I won't blame the bad air for any of the bad results as it was clearing up on Saturday some shruggy
The real proof will be when the owner calls me after putting it in his car and drives it work luck grin

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)