Originally Posted By Lee446
The fact that we have one guy running them sucessfully does not, in itself, provide enough evidence that they are the choice for engines built up to the 600 HP range. This is no reflection on Ron, but I have read enough stuff to make me a bit wary. I would love to hear some specific experience from folks both Pro & Con on their experience with them. I am also including any of the other available I beam 5140 rods out there. I have made my decision, but I am sure there are others out there that would like some more feedback.

You have to go with what you will be happy with Lee. If not just for piece of mind to not be worrying about it all the time. I built my eng back in 2011 and it seemed like a lot of people were using 440Source H and I beam rods with good luck and my brother had run a set of their I beams in his race car with good luck. And I knew I would only be racing my car once or twice a year. I run it hard at the tack but I don't street race and I really don't run it hard on the street.

But its been together since June 2011 and I just went racing two weeks ago and all is still going fine. Since I knew I would be mostly doing street cruising and had heard all good about them back when I built my eng I felt very good running them with no worries. If I raced a lot and ran my car hard all the time then I would spending more on better H beams. Like you Lee I wanted to run what I felt fine with and I felt they would work good for my application with them. So far I have had great results with them. But I don't blame you for going with what you are comfortable with. I cant say if the ones today are of as good quality but from my results I would have no problem with them in a driver car that I was not racing. Course with all I hear now a days on a build I would plan to race a lot I think I would be going with the H beam also. Price was also a factor when I built my eng as I had just gotten divorced and had also just gone on disability because of my back , knee and joint problems. Good luck with your build Lee as I am sure it will turn out good for you. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 11/03/18 12:08 AM.