Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Easier said than done. For a guy running on a shoestring budget he can’t just run out and buy a new car. I personally would have just quit but then again after 44 years of Mopars I bleed Mopar red. The class that I loved is dead to me and will never be the same.

You "bleed Mopar red", but run a Powerglide in your race car?

As far as I'm concerned...it's 1985 all over again. There was pretty much one Dodge left...Reid Whisnant. When the cost outweighed the gains, Reid went to a Chevrolet and continued his career. How many of you still pulled for Darrell and Scott when they were running Eicke motors? You know, the Big Chief head that looked like it had a Chrysler valve cover, on the Merlin block?

Alan is doing something that 99.99% of us will never get to do. I cannot fault him in any way for doing what he needed to do to stay in the hunt of things.

I still love Pro Stock, and always will. It's still the epitome of doorslammer racing in my opinion. 6.50's on gasoline, with 500" and no power adders. Makes Pro Mod look pathetic in my opinion with all the extras they are granted to barely run a second quicker.

Best of luck in your career Alan!