Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
That stack of slips proves nothing.

Does to ME and that's the point especially YOU and a couple who swear I never race(d) enough to hurt the pumpkin well, there's 160+ runs there and many more I threw in the trash. I wont waste time arguing or pushing the point as I don't care what you guys think because most know nothing about me, my life or the bad ass THUMPER that's still driven and beat on weekly testing carbs for YOU guys........... drumhit whistling

Dom...you said yourself that a lot of those slips were from a long time ago when the car wasn't nearly as fast as it is now. My point has always been that you make it sound like the car has years and years of 9 sec passes on that same gearset and it doesn't. Not to mention lots of guys will put more than 160 runs on their car in a single season...I have in the past just testing and tuning.
How many of those slips are 9 sec runs?
Beating on it on the street simply will not stress the rear enough to hurt it b/c the traction isn't there to do it, so that claim has no merit here.
I'm not "hating" on you or your car. It runs very well for what it is, no doubt there. Making a few fast passes each year and then claiming it's been running 9s for X amount of years doesn't mean anything when most are thinking you race a lot more than you do. They'll usually take it for a lil while.

A friend has a fast nitrous monte carlo that has a 7.5" 10 bolt in it. It's never been apart since he built it, but he also only races about twice a year. So when he says I've been <this fast> for X amount of years, it means squat to me, but people who ASSUME he races all the time think damn, that rear must be pretty strong.

Again, making a point about how some can kill em with a small block makin 500 hp and some can keep em alive even in the 9's or quicker although I'm not super heavy, the stock unit that Cab built MANY years ago lasted quite well...... beer

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....