I am running 90 octane on the street, throw in a gallon of 110 to the existing 8ish to go race.

I have an AFR on it when the exhaust is on, it runs low 12s on cruise, high 13s at idle. at full open its in the high 11s.

I set the idle for highest vacuum, any leaner and it gets a stumble off idle.

It's been hard to get any 1/4 mile track time to play with the timing, the different timing marks on the straps confused me.

There is an 1/8 mile track close, but, the prep is so iffy, the top ends vary with how bad the tires blow off.

My setup now has a Mighty Demon 850, no spacer, no hood,running a 14" non- drop down air cleaner.

The ignition is MP kit with a FBO box.Saturday on my last run, the engine was hottest (210) and it broke up on the top end. It hasn't ever missed a lick, fuel pressure was at 6.5 lbs, so thinking maybe the heat had something to do with the breaking up? The advance is all in by 3000 rpms. Initial is 20, advances another 20 degrees. It loves the initial, may be time to recurve?

Before the hood was removed, the plugs seemed cleaner. The air must be doing weird things to the boosters.

There is a fiberglass hood with a hemi scoop coming in the near future.

The motor will pull hard past 7000 rpms, with stock oiling I don't want to rev that high, thus the 6500 self imposed shift points. Might be leaving some HP on the table though shifting it too soon. Better than rods on the pavement though.

The closest chassis dyno is 2 hours away, but, it might be time to just bite the bullet.

Thanks for all the input!

If anyone is interested, one of the runs is @1:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiJQ8q4R...0hyFdaZMrZymReM

Last edited by 65Fury440; 10/25/18 02:05 PM.