Originally Posted By ChallengerRag
Hi, as i might swap out mine original type iron headers your ideas of brands & recomendations are welcome.
Facts 71 Chally, 440six pack, auto trans, ps, pb, has the original a31 hp axle package, so discs in front, 3;91 sure grip, short ratio pitman is included. So this is ordered same as an RT but is an Conv.. was 340 now 440sp
Have looked at TTI 1-7/8 440 headers, think mini starter is a must but more? is it best throw in an slant six hehe.. any advice what headers to look for?
Thanks
Michael
Stockholm

If you never rev the motor past 4500 rpm, keep the cast iron manifolds. If anything add a set of Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers to give the car a deeper exhaust note.

Most of my friends in Stockholm and Finland have already put their cars away for the long winter. Rust from the inside out is an issue with headers that sit for long periods of time. Even if they are coated inside and out, which helps extend their life.

Get the full TTI exhaust if you are going to pull the trigger on upgrading your exhaust. It's the best, but pay for the inside and out coatings.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)