Oh, and yes they are aluminum rocker arms
IMG_4490 by Kris A, on Flickr

the heads were clearance already for the pushrods from the last motor they were on (they belonged to a forum member) but my machinist double checked and took away a little more where he thought it needed it. I don't see any sign of the pushrods touching anywhere and don't hear anything when turning the motor over by hand.

I shimmed them all so there is less than 20 thousandths of side to side play although even a TINY bit of side play still seems to change the lash, but only by 1 thousandth or so.

One thing that worried me is when checking the lash, there seems to be enough side load that I have to pry the rockers apart before checking lash or else they are 'stuck' pushed against the side of the shaft block or the other rocker and you can't wiggle it for lash. I was worried that could be a problem, but it didn't seem to affect anything on the driver's side so I don't know why it would on the passenger side.

I know this valve train sucks and I desperately need a spacer kit to fix crazy pushrod angle a bit but just wanted to get it all working for now to get the car drivable with the fuel injection system. When I start racing it more I plan on doing something about it. My machinist is a mopar guy (Lawrence Racing Engines) and he said it could be better but he has also run worse with no issues.

Last edited by 1mean340; 10/14/18 02:17 PM.