Hey guys, adjust the lash cold according to the cam card on my 340 with w2 econo heads, keen engineering shaft mounted rockers and a solid roller cam (.609 lift).

Been having a lot of tuning problems with the EFI setup trying to get it right with e85 and boost, plugs have been looking very inconsistent with the single plane but compression tests always show within 5 psi on every cylinder whenever I check. Can't get a clean pass, but I am assuming it is EFI related.

Anyway, after adjusting the lash everything was quiet, I was actually making progress with the tune but then after maybe 200 miles or so it started running like crap. I noticed a lot of rocker arm noise from the passenger side which also happens to be the wideband 02 bank the fitech EFI uses to adjust AFR.

A few of the intake rockers I checked were up to around 25 thousandths (they were all set at 16). Oddly enough, all the rockers on the driver's side are within 1 or 2 thousandths of where I set them.

So what would cause lash to open up so much after only 200 miles? Keep in mind I have a soft touch rev limited set at 6400, I've been shifting around 6k or less. I've been beating on it trying to tune but it hasn't really seen any serious abuse/high revs/full passes.

Also, do you guys think the lash open that far could actually be causing some of the tuning issues with the EFI (stalling at idle, feeling flat)? I ask because I thought I was making improvements with the tune but it started running worse and worse a little before I noticed the excessive rocker noise.

Last edited by 1mean340; 10/11/18 10:25 PM.