I understand that posting in the race section is not allowed by corner carvers like me as we have no clue how to go fast. eek That an honest statement based on years of observation on here so don't get your shorts in a wad -a friendly poke is needed here. popcorn help

After our nite visiting the dyno i gave sogtx a check list of what was wrong with the six pak and where the missing 35 hp is. We will see if they can get the number they want properly.

I identified some fundamental issues with the baseline set up of the six pak that are obviously affecting the pulls. Six paks are a unique beast.

Carbs are over jetted and using old info -staggered jets- without any data to prove the need. The motor never gets a chance to come off from being fat. Secondaries come in way too soon. I am told it ran great with the headers but if you don't understand how it is supposed to run that info don't mean squat. I noticed raw fuel in the intake when we were changing jets.

Engine temp should be 195-200 not 190

The biggest mistake was not baselining the carbs per the guide and 2nd was not running the engine on center carb against the dyno without the secondaries to observe the fuel curve and determine where the power was falling off - now make the secondaries come in before that pt. People do not follow the proper advice, the engine gurus should have read the guide -start with black springs in the secondaries.

I also noticed the the fuel was not just plain 91 octane no ethanol. The afr's required are different betwix gasolines. Look it up. I don't understand the thinking here, who gives a crap how much hp it makes on witches brew.

I am waiting for the results to see what the results of my suggestions are. eek

Last edited by Dilbert; 09/29/18 09:00 AM.