Originally Posted By BradH
Part of the upgrades, in addition to the bolt-in sprag and different VB, was replacing the stock drum w/ a billet steel piece.

All I'd planned to due to the trans before putting it back in service was pulling the VB so I can put a restrictor in the passage that affects the 2-3 shift overlap.

Now I'm starting to wonder about switching to a LBA-type VB. Most companies don't promote forward manual VBs for performance applications, but that's what I'd like to stay with. The idea of converting my Slap-Stick to a reverse pattern seems weird since I've always had a standard shift pattern w/ an auto, but I see there's a Shift R Gate plate to do it.

Sh!t... sometimes it's better if I never ask a question in the first place.

Brad we just took out the no low band apply V/B out and put a low band apply V/B in my sons Dart. It is a reverse manual V/B. I can say the car feels the same on the 1-2 shift as there is no overlap as the low/reverse band seems to release fast enough that the shift feels the same as it did with the no low band apply V/B. Him and I plan to go to the track Oct the 13th as he wants to race it with the new V/B in it. He bought the V/B from A & A as they had about the best price we found and it is working great so far. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 09/23/18 03:42 AM.