Originally Posted By ZIPPY
With a little help and detective work, I've figured out the machining facility. They are Michigan based.

We haven't quite figured out the foundry yet, however if this mark (attached) is present then these would be the old castings made in Warsaw Indiana which were sitting after Royal Oak boring quit, which my former colleague Dale had mentioned to several racers.

We can't go by dates on the block, because those just indicate when they were machoned. MP never required a separate casting date.

Lots of questions. Would this foundry produce castings again? Are the core boxes/remaining foundry tools still there? Did some genius bean counter scrap the tooling?

I might give the machine shop a call Monday to see if they would be willing to discuss what they have.

Btw, anyone remember the final version of the prior generation water block, how...at the very end, most of them were really smooth, nice looking castings...they had a rough start but, finally everything was nice, and then of course the plug was pulled....well, the foundry that cast those was bought up by the company that cast the "world" (technically Chrysler) block. Wonder if those tools to make the water block still exist also. All our eggs are kinda in one basket.

Somebody at MP (or is it "dodge" these says since nobody else does motorsports) ....whoever it is should negotiate with DF and get them kicked off again, since there's a machine shop all set to go. And then, after that is fixed do whatever needed, repair the tools and pay MC whatever they need, and reboot the water block too. It appears they have in-house machining, if capacity is an issue. I gotta wonder if anyone is looking at this stuff.

Where is the LIKE BUTTON for this? Good idea Zippy. I hope you can use yoru connections and pull it off. b
Be nice to have the 426 HEMI block available again at an affordable price that could compete with the Chevy and Ford stuff. Heck if they can make FE ford blocks and have them readily available, then we should have HEMI blocks and have them readily available too.

Old Geezer Racing