Quote:

Cranking ( dynamic) compression pressure is way too low for that cam. Should be in the 180psi range. Not likely your C.R.is 11.26:1. This would explain poor vacuum and soft bottom end while still having a decent speed - 106mph. The slugs are probably .015 - .020" down in the holes. BTW, most reputable cam Mfg's will give you a suggested dynamic compression pressure for a particular cam. It is much more important than the static number - but much less impressive

That's why I suggested getting all 3 compression numbers.

Cranking CR should fall within a certain range if all of the factors are known. If it's low, it suggests other problems -- one of them being incorrectly calc'd static CR. Worn rings and an incorrectly installed cam are some others.

Dynamic CR will always be lower than static CR as it's based on the intake valve closing point. It's conceivable that the OP has a DCR of 6.5:1. That's not going to get it at the track.

My point being that even if the OP re-starts the process back at the cam the end results could still be the same -- a general lack of compression. I'd like to see all numbers work out to a decent CR. His SCR has got be off by a good 1.0-1.5, IMO. Plus, if the intake valve is closing late to being off a tooth that compounds the problem. So there might be a combination of issues going on here.