Originally Posted By Hemi ragtop

I feel certain that it is a valve guide/seal issue.

Ok then. If it was me I know what I would do. When you tear the heads down you will most likely have guide wear. This is normal. (I've never had a street hemi that didn't guzzle oil.) I would shop around for some intake valves that have a larger stem diameter (shouldn't be hard to find) and have the guides honed to fit. (If they replace the guides they would have to do this anyway.) Doing it this way won't cost you more than replacing the guides. My reason for doing this is I don't like removing the guides in aluminum heads. They are already in there, they are aligned with the valve seat and are made of good material. It shouldn't be difficult to find a competent shop to hone the guides and do a valve job. This whole gig shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. (In the old days we had cast iron heads and you would just ream out the guides and press in bronze sleeves.)

PS. I am incapable of putting an engine together without Stage V rockers. They are beautiful (I'm into pretty) and I feel the roller tips are easier on the guides.

2011 Drag Pak Challenger