A lot of the 500" cars are already on the ragged edge. Not sure you can take much weight out of them without dramatically effecting the handling of the car. Most people don't take into account just how refined the 500" cars are either. They are drag racing's F-1. 500", no power additive, and they go 6.60's at almost 210 mph. Faster with the carburetors. In my opinion, it makes the Mountain Motor cars look shameful when they have another 330-340" added to them to only run three tenths or so quicker.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Mountain Motor cars, as I love that they still have carburetors and the big ol' hood scoops. I'm almost 30, and abhor fuel injection and computers. I'm all for letting them run in the class, but it truly does take away from the 500" cars.

As for the 400" cars running, sure, bring it on. At that point, you might as well go back to lbs./cubic inch and let the A-B-C/A Comp cars run too.

I think you would see an increase in class participation though if you let the 500" cars run carburetors again. Yeah, they're a little faster, make them add 50 lbs...since we're already on the topic of throwing all the weight around.