Contact Killer Rons. They have a great rep, many happy racers, excellent at setting up the unit for your motor.
The first thing to know is heat is your friend. Run Klotz fuel lube, 1 qt to a 55 gal barrel. I highly recommend the primer plus system to warm it up on gas, and get to and from the starting line. To warm the motor, you will save money on fuel (methanol) since it takes over a gallon just to warm the motor in my Dart on methanol only, even leaned out. If you warm the motor with the alky, the system needs to be leaned out at idle. I bump the fuel shutoff valve till the exhaust temp climbs to 900+ degrees. I warm the motor with the water pump running till it hits 200 dgrees. That helps warm the oil and keep it clear of alky and water. After several passes my oil looks like it is fresh out of the bottle. Stage and run the motor at 180 to 190 degrees, and let the tempstay way up (200) on the return road if there will be much time between runs, cause you will need to warm it up again for the next pass. Each time you stop the motor on an injected engine, there is a lot of fuel in the injecter lines that will empty into the cylinders if you cut the motor by shutting off the ignition. I close the fuel shutoff, and starve it till it dies. Still, enough fuel is left to drip into the motor for it to run a second, so i start after a minute to burn that fuel, fuel shutoff closed. For storage over night, i do it two or three times to be sure no fuel is left in the cylinders. Methanol can be hard on motors, corroding cylinders if you aren't carefull about clearing the motor.
For long term storage, i fill the tank to the top and cap the vent. Done it that way for 18 years. No problems with corrosion , the Klotz fuel lube seems to be the ticket.
If you spend the money and buy the primer plus, obviously you will make life simpler, for warmup, to and from the burnout box, and shutting the motor down.

Last edited by gregsdart; 09/01/18 10:24 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky