Greetings gents,

Apologies for making my first post a question!

I've just put the top end back on my 505 stroker after it died a sorry death at the hands of the previous engine builder.

It runs a comp cam XE hydraulic roller, (new) erson lifters, (new) smiths custom pushrods (3/8" shaft), (new) full harland sharp 1.5 roller rocker kit in Indy EZ heads.

I've got a noise that sounded like a lifter but that I'm beginning to think might be a pushrod making contact with the head. The preload is set to half a turn from zero lash with 2 threads showing on the adjusters, per Harland Sharps advice. The stripe across the valve tips looks good and the shaft appears to be getting plenty of oil. (oil pressure in general is very good.)

Here's a quick video - the problem seems local to 3 or 5 pot and is especially easy to hear when I blip the gas.

Anyone had problems with clearance for 3/8 pushrods in EZ heads or think it is something different?

I'm going to pull the rockers off tonight and see if I can see any witness marks on the pushrods. Hoping I don't have to pull the heads again to clearance the holes!

Thanks!

J.