Originally Posted By GY3
Originally Posted By GTX MATT
Pump gas? Modern pump fuel is designed to vaporize very quickly, not a problem for fuel injected cars which keep fuel under pressure until it leaves the injector, but is a problem for a mechanical pump that puts the fuel under a vacuum for 15+ feet, fuel vaporizes much easier under a vacuum.

My Carter 6903 (the one you don't need a regulator for) would drop from 7 to 3 PSI AT WOT in 1st gear, before it was heat soaked. Once heat soaked static pressure at idle was down to 5 or so PSI, dropping to <3 @ WOT.

Some seem to have good luck, but seems to be a crap shoot. Dwayne Porter's 383 Satellite was pretty darn quick with a mechanical pump, he finally swapped in an electric and he picked up. I'm sure he will chime in.

One day GY3 will make the switch and everyone will be shocked when he gets a 10 second slip with 3.54s and that mild cam. stirthepot

Haha, car never noses over even beyond 1/4 mile. The car runs exactly what the Virtual Dyno says it will, usually within a tenth. ...even with nitrous!

The nitrous does have a dedicated fuel system.

All I need is some good track prep, a little shock tuning and weather to get that 10 N/A in the quarter.. It has been 101mph in the 1/8th mile.

A 10.99 is there for sure. Obviously you've already gotten it on nos, but on motor too. Maybe the stars need alignment, but it's there. My old wagon ran consistent 11.0-11 teens at 119-121 and then the perfect weather and possibly a tail wind and I got that 10.98. I wouldn't have called it 10 sec. car necessarily, but legally I could have smile.

2 kids and a dog