Can we chill on the pecker thumping?

My street racer is an al headed r block, ive a really nice 360 on the stand ready for something but ive watched over the years so many build motors that are so much overkill its silly.

The 360 mentioned is so basic and im not sure what $$$$ ive in it but a 500hp motor dont care if it cost 3k or 20k its still 500hp.

But back to the posting...

Im wondering if on this application, the high comp 318 if id do ok with a set of ported new smog castings with the 1.88s dumped into them.

Im trying not to make it too hard or think too hard but I need to make the most power from 3-6500 and worry the 318 castings with 1.88s might nose over before the cams done.

These are odd castings, transitional mid 80s as they came in both the small and large holes for the roller cam 318-s.

This set has the smaller and you can see I could take out nearly the whole pinch point and thin the divider and I could cut them for the 1.88 intakes, (second chamber in from the left) I could probably get alot more port volume from them as well but would they bark past 6k?

DSC00084.JPGDSC00085.JPG