03heavy,
For the type of racing you want to do, don't get hung up on killing the 60ft. clocks. I've done a ton of index racing over the years, and getting the car to react the same every time in the first 10 feet is more critical to good reaction times than an impressive 60ft.
My car is ladder bar/coil over, so I realize you have more challenges to make it work, and the .4 pro tree is a pain for these types of classes. In addition to driving my car on Drag Week, and spraying it on occasion, I knew I would end up index racing as well, and I love the D Gas 10.60 index .4 tree racing at NHRA Nostalgia races, and I've also done some of the 10.0 stuff at Street Car Takeover.

My 428 small block made 615Hp at 6700, and is over 500 ft.lbs of torque from 4400 to 6200 on the dyno. The top picture on my previous post was the car leaving on the trans brake, with the two step at 4200, NA. My sixties are typically 1.40-1.43 in this configuration, but my best light is .042 in a .4 tree without rolling in a little. The car just has too much front travel right now, and perhaps a little more tire pressure in the rear would help. For reference my best NA ET is 10.39-128. I think the converter is 300rpm too tight, and the 3.89 gear is too tall for max effort. Best on nitrous is 9.43-139. The 8" converter can't really hold the torque, and the 3.89 gear is too short to pull all the way to the stripe! Such is the the plight of a multi-use street car!!

mopar-chrysler-2015-drag-week-04 - Copy.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines