I have the angles and rivets covered (using the original "D" Tube rivets), the only thing missing is the rubber.

While the matting I've found doesn't have as many ply's of fabric, its new, pliable, fresh appearing, , , and certainly strong enough. I can make it appear very close to my original material, and I like that aspect. Seems "original" material can vary just looking at Floyd's example above Vs mine (AAR - T/A), and to a lesser degree mccanix. Not just the number of threaded ply's, but the back texture.

Floyd, do you know for sure yours are factory installed originals or parts counter hangers? With these hangers being AAR-T/A only, it would appear unlikely for such a short run of cars that our examples vary so much, carrying different rivet heads and the rubber has a texture on both the front and back.

I think I'll continue with the rubber I found and keep my eyes peeled for a closer replacement. Perhaps one day I'll run across an exact match and I could replace them once again. Until then, 99.9% (or greater) will never know the difference.

If anyone ever comes across a suitable match (or original piece in great shape), please PM me with details.