Originally Posted By dvw
[quote=racerx][quote=dthemi]A stock turbo 400 with a brake will take 700 hp almost till the end of time. A bell, some work on the mount, and forget [quote]

If you're breaking a 727 at 700hp something is wrong. A stock piece with a good valve body will last at that level.
Doug

Jim Paquet( sp) owned JPT( Jims performance transmissions) forever. Retired now. For years built pretty much all the C4/C6 stuff for class racers in the country. Had a national record holder Dodge Dakota he campaigned. His brother Ray has national record holder S/S B Thunderbolt.
Sharp guy. He told me one time....” most of these transmissions have 40 or 50 year old parts in them. They can break at any power level because of that. I stripped a planetary out of a well built 727 at about 650 horse first year i ran the trans. Fixed it with just replacement parts, ran forever. I disagree anything is wrong, the stuff is just old and can just let go.
Consider yourself lucky Doug

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam, footbrake street/strip car
Best so far, 10.32 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17