If is surprising how little you need to do to get one to live behind that horsepower level. I am at ~600 N/A and ~750 with nitrous.

I build my own and use a Transtar kit, Alto Eagle clutches and Kolene steels. I also used a Turbo Action manual valvebody and followed their recommendations. Removed the governor assembly for no reason other than it wasn't needed.

Stock drum, stock sprag, etc.

Mine gets driven A LOT and abused frequently. I've done a few street/no prep, stock radial style small town races leaving in 2nd gear, so it gets a workout!

A couple of points to be made: I put a Hayden cooler on the car in front of the radiator for it. Nothing kills a transmission faster than heat/burnt fluid! I also ALWAYS start my burnouts in 1st and shift to 2nd. The valvebody does have a low band apply.

Everyone I've seen that "upgrades" to the aluminum drums always have problems. Not for me, not for the way I use my car. Bolt in sprag is not needed, either, unless your case has issues and your stock sprag is loose.

Lots of gimmicks and uneeded parts sold in the 727 aftermarket IMO.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.