Originally Posted By mymcodebee
Pedal is not really hard which is what I was expecting. Pedal depressed easily to the floor with a wooosh of air sound down under dash by booster...
also I just tried driving with booster vacuum unhooked in garage and you are correct pedal is hard to push and barely stops. It’s not air in lines as we’ve bled them into oblivion. Just looking for someone to corfirm they think it may be the booster over a master cylinder issue..
I hate to say it but it sure sounds like air (unless the rod is screwed in way too short). What I would do is cap the MC with a pair of brass plugs from your parts house (make sure you get the right thread pitch, iirc one is an oddball but I might be wrong) & cap the MC & with the vacuum hose hooked up/eng idling the pedal should be hard with virtually no travel (applies to manual brakes also). Do keep us updated, we love the toughies! EDIT I've had good boosters that I could hear a decent whoosh of air when pedal pressed. MORE EDIT I'm thinking the booster rod is screwed in too short

Last edited by RapidRobert; 07/08/18 02:38 AM. Reason: bored

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth